Friday, October 16, 2009

Old to New

Shalem's "new" Army pants cut down from a pair of women's pants I found.


I love finding something other's don't want and making it into something new and usable. These two recent projects were such fun for me to do. I think this is how the Lord must feel when He takes us out of the trash our sin has gotten us into and washes us, cuts out the stained and ruined parts and re-makes us into something beautiful through His Son Jesus.


I found this dress and loved the fabric, but it was too small for me, and not the style I would give to anyone. So I made it into a skirt and used the extra pieces to decorate two t-shirts to match. Now my smaller friend has a new outfit.











Colossians 3:9-11 "Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, where there is neither Greek or Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all."


1 comment: